Happy New Year!
So I'd like to say I purposely took some time off for the holiday... but I really didn't. First my power went out on the 23rd, as most of the people did in Central Ohio and further up north as well. Then my cable didn't come back until Monday. And laziness kicked in. So really it was no access to the Internet that kept me from blogging for only like 5 days.
I'll kick off the new year with just a few mentions. I'll try to link, but who knows if that'll happen, lol...
First off, I'd like for the Republicans and conservatives in the house to go to their dictionary and look up some entries: ethics, moral(ity) and values. Now I really don't think anyone other than me reads this, but it's nice to pretend. Have you found it? Now do you happen to see any pictures of George W? Cuz I doubt it.
The Grand Ole Party ran on those three words this election year like their lives depended on it. And they did, at least their political ones. They decided to change their rules back in 1984 that if a House Republican in leadership was at least indicted they would lose their spot. They decided they would have more ethics than the Democrats (who held the majority there until 1994) who had changed the rules when a leader was in trouble. Now that they're in power, and poor old DeLay is in trouble in Texas for being evil, they want to change the rules again. Nice.
The other thing is this adoption show, Who's Your Daddy? on the Fox network, primetime tonight. I'm having issues with this... mostly because people who wanna be on TV are going to get there anyways, so I don't feel they're being exploited. But do you have to make a game show out of getting back together with your biological parent(s)? I don't think so. I would feel better if this show appeared on FX or some other cable network. Allowing public airwaves for this sort of crap is just too much. Fox has obviously stepped over the line.
And I'm off! Mostly because I just got off work at 11 pm and work again at 11 am. Yikes!
As always,
he Blue Box Citizen
Get auto updates by joining my Yahoo! Group.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home